Today is my 26th birthday! It’s hard to believe that 26 years ago my mom was just welcoming me into the world as her first child – about the same age as I will be when I deliver my first in May.
In honor of my birthday, I decided to do a little list of 26 random facts all about me. It’s my birthday and that’s ok. Right? 🙂
1. I share my birthday with my great, great grandfather who was born February 17th in 1887.
2. I won the departmental award for Creative Writing in my senior year of high school.
3. I want a grand total of six kids.
4. I have an anatomical variation – air pockets in my nasal membranes.
5. I prefer red grapes to white grapes, white grape juice to red and hate everything grape flavored.
6. I collect sand from every beach I go to.
7. The Wheel of Time is my favorite book series of all time.
8. I jump at every opportunity to plan and host parties; it’s just something I happen to be insanely good at. 🙂
9. I have a (my husband would say creepy) knack for being able to remember and recite entire portions of Disney movies.
10. Until I met my husband I had never eaten at Taco Bell.
11. I get insanely car sick but never have a problem on roller coasters.
12. My favorite red wine is Roscato Rosso Dolce (you can buy it at Walmart for about $10) and my favorite white is Moscato d’Asti (any brand will do!).
13. My dad has given me multiple nicknames over the years which include: Half pint, Stinker, Tadpole and the current name, Leapchion. On the other hand, my sisters’ nickname has and will always be Booger.
14. I still cannot sleep in the dark without my husband – I’m not afraid of the dark, I’m afraid of what I can’t see in the dark.
15. Almost my entire basement is my couponing stockpile.
16. The Outer Banks is one of my most favorite places of all time, anywhere.
17. I am afraid of ladybugs being on me.
18. I was so quiet in school, my 4th grade teacher nicknamed me “Loud Mouth Laura”. In 8th grade, a teacher nicknamed me “Smiley” because I was so shy and never did; he still calls me that to this day and even nicknamed my little sister “Smiley Jr”.
19. I have never gotten pulled over or received a ticket.
20. I have only ever had two jobs; a cashier at Burger King while in high school and working at a local jewelry store buying and selling gold and silver right out of high school.
21. Jedi Mind Trick is my favorite at home cocktail – I make mine with milk instead of half and half.
22. I spend at least an hour (probably more) every day browsing recipe blogs and looking at houses on Zillow. (Literally born to be a stay at home mom. 🙂 )
23. I HATE the taste of water, so I typically drink Crystal Light instead.
24. I have had 13 teeth removed – most were adult teeth, a few were baby teeth and 4 were wisdom teeth.
25. I LOVE to do genealogy research. Something about the smell of old books and weeding through papers just makes me giddy – maybe I should’ve been a librarian.
26. I can sleep anywhere, anytime, mouth open and everything. 🙂
So there you have it! I’ve got a busy birthday planned – FREE breakfast at Denny’s, lunch (and cracklin’s) at Grannys’ and pizza and Costco cake with my immediate family for dinner. Can we just talk about the food I get to eat today?! 🙂
SHOP THE POST